Pages

Thursday 20 December 2018

DOC rangers

L.I: Is to learn about DOC Ranger. This week for summer learning journey I was learning about DOC rangers, with DOC rangers they go all around the world to help animals, I also have to tell 3 reasons on three pros (good things) and three cons (bad things) about working as a DOC ranger. So one reason I would want to be a DOC ranger is that I can see different animals that I have never seen, another  reason is when I see animals I could play with them and maybe see an animal smile for the first time, and the last reason is that I can travel around the world. Now for the bad reason, one is that I might encounter an animal that bites people. Another reason is that there might be poisonous animals that I might have to meet, and the last reason is that I would have to pay taxes.

6 comments:

  1. Hey again Matthew, it's Billy here from the Summer Learning Journey team.

    I've enjoyed reading your list of pros and cons, assessing whether it would be a good idea to become a DOC ranger. Travelling around the world is a really appealing reason to become a DOC ranger. However, I certainly wouldn't want to be bitten or attacked by a wild animal. I think you'd be a lot safer working in New Zealand but some of the animals and insects in Australia can be quite deadly.

    I'd be worried that working as a DOC ranger could become a bit lonely. Not having many people to talk with. What do you think?

    It sure would be nice working outdoors with all that nature. Do you think it would still be fun in winter though?

    Thanks, Billy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings Matthew,
    I have decided to comment on your blog again. As I scrolled through your blog and I you did a drawing which looks pretty good. DOC is something good to do.

    Keep it up Matthew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Matthew! It's great to hear you would want to be a DOC Ranger, and help save animals. Your pig is also fantastic and I see why you used it. What is your favourite wild animal you'd like to encounter if you were one of the rangers? Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Matthew,
    Well done on finishing this activity. Your list of pros and cons to being a DOC ranger is great. Do you think you would like to be one when you grow up? I would like to try it out as it seems like a very interesting job. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

  5. Greetings Matthew,

    What an outstanding blog post seen from you again. Congratulations for completing this task. I did this activity too. The drawing looks great. Did you draw this image? If you did it looks great. Your reasons for becoming and DOC Ranger is amazing.

    NICE:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Matthew!
    Its great to hear that you want to be a DOC ranger. Well done on completing this activity. I have also done this activity. Why do you want to be a DOC ranger?
    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.