Pages

Wednesday 11 September 2019

Let me tell you about my Favorited cultural celebration

Let me tell you about my Favourite cultural celebration which is matariki. I am always excited when matariki comes up which is 25 June, 2020. We celebrate this at panmure, Auckland. It is the best Because when it is the afternoon for dinner, we have a BBQ and all my family bring a chair and form a circle and look up to see all the stars. We also have to greet people in our culture which is niuean and say, "Fakaalofa atu". We usually have ribs, chicken, coleslaw and other foods. We also do cultural dance to celebrate this event and men wear flaked pants and girls wear traditional skirts and the adults do values. If we do a dance people come up on the stage and give you money which would be in your t-shirts, so in my opinion is the best because you can spend it on lollies or new equipment. They also put down lava lava's down. We can also sneak some lollies if we wanted to. matariki is the best just thinking about it just gets me hipped for next matatriki, because my family comes together and have the best time of our lives. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This week we learnt a lot about commas. We learnt that commas can separate the date/year and introduce people. I really liked this activity because it got me to use a lot more commas then i use to use, and gives other people breaks rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.